A caustic view of the Greek situation. Depositors are withdrawing their cash until the banks run out of money. Greece cannot renege on its international debts. However it can put off repaying them for ever. What a prospect.
Samuel Marshall writes from Athens about banks for the people and the problems people have in banks like queuing up. From this he asks the question is the financial crisis in Greece really that bad for the country.
- Credit Agricole says no plans to exit Greece (ekathimerini.com)
- Greece worries hammer home amid gloomy forecast (seattlepi.com)
- Greece and Germany in War of Words Over Euro Crisis – NYTimes.com (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Euro Crisis: Why A Greek Exit Could Be Much Worse Than Expected (business.time.com)
- What 50 Euros A Night Buys In The Greek Isles Right Now (gadling.com)