Life is getting more and more challenging for foreign businesses here. When Deng Xiaoping launched the capitalist revolution in 1978, he set up special economic zones along the east coast of the Middle Kingdom. Labour and safety laws were relaxed and the peasants who rushed to become industrial workers could be paid a pittance.
- Considering How Much The US Owes China Beijing Should Be Very Worried (stirringtrouble.wordpress.com)
- A Richer China Isn’t Happier, and That Spells Trouble (motherboard.vice.com)
- Reply to Eric X. Li: Cultures are not Incommensurable and the CCP is not Confucuian (uselesstree.typepad.com)
- Chinese Scholars Voice Support Falun Gong and ‘the Brave 300′ (theepochtimes.com)
- How the Chinese Communist Party Convinced the World to Accept It (theepochtimes.com)
- Analysis: The mighty Chinese powerhouse has reached crossroads (scotsman.com)