The banks have managed to do a decent job for investors and funders and continue to provide a great service for those who use banks. Bob Diamond scandal has upset a few people but Bob Diamond and his understudy have done the honourable thing by taking the rap for the investing hack. There has been much scandal on both sides and the news has managed to overshadow other important news of war and death. Sport has always been a well needed reason for the world to be happy, excited and focused.
The flipside of this is the promise of new mortgages promised by the government when they asked banks help during the big bailout. Economists have predicted negatively and the figures of people waiting for mortgages as basically stayed the same. The bonus is some people can apply who could not before. Perhaps they will be lucky. Also new banks have opened to replace the old regime. Venture capital has backed these ventures from the same investors who backed the previous banks. The great news is it’s easier to open a bank account in these new banks. Would it be fair to say the same problem politicians are facing so are the bankers? I assume it is because they are working for the same entity ‘profit’.
Banks have provided a new way for start up businesses to start up, the figures for failure are extremely high and its becoming more and more of a reality that items on the market that are persuaded into the market of packaged nouro linguistic mind control advertising kits. The investments into these businesses in boxes are a virtual version of the years of success of the offline banking structure. Without banks there would be no multi millionaires. The odd thing is online ventures brings that well needed hope for people and something new to educate in adult universities. The great thing about education is the lifestyle and the friendships. Banks and universities also operate under the same oligarchies.
Tags: Business, Banks, Bob Diamond, mortgages, scandal
- Bob Diamond: It’s easier to blame him than reform banking, but [Simon Dixon] (ecademy.com)
- Why is Nobody Freaking Out About the LIBOR Banking Scandal? (3quarksdaily.com)
- Lord Oakeshott: ‘Bob Diamond’s departure is a great day for democracy’ (itv.com)
- Bob Diamond’s letter to Barclays staff (independent.co.uk)
- Banking crisis: why Bob Diamond is not the only one to blame (telegraph.co.uk)
- British Government Implicated in LIBOR Banking Scandal (ripley8.newsvine.com)
- Will Barclays’ Bob Diamond survive? (itv.com)