Overseas in places like China and the Philippines the adverse weather is causing difficulties on the high seas.
The fishing industry is declining. In Britain the fishing trade affected by over fishing the ocean leaving not much fish left which created the loss of jobs and the closure of boats licensed to fish the seas.
Cod has declined and many chippies use whiting now, fish fingers have been replaced by Pollock and in the Irish Sea they call these types of fish shitties because they eat almost anything they can, the flesh is white like cod but the flakes are much smaller and far less brittle.
Fish is a stable diet for most countries so any decline in fish will greatly affect the health of places that lose the supply.
You can find out more about fish by reading the bible and stuff like that. Find out more about the loaf in the Philippines Islands and do your own due diligence about what is happening in China, to the Scarborough shoal, China is increasingly assertive in claiming territory in the South China Sea.
The main reason is the huge hydrocarbon wealth underneath.
Filed In: CHINA, FISHING, NAVY, PHILIPPINE, SCARBOROUGH SHOAL
- China attacks US ‘trouble-making’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Nations At Impasse Over South China Sea, Group Warns (mysanantonio.com)
- Tech Talk – tensions over oil in the South China Sea (theoildrum.com)
- Chinese ship rams Philippine fish boat; 1 dead – Inquirer.net (blog) (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Analysis: Philippines’ weak claims over Scarborough Shoal (rqjavines.wordpress.com)
- China not pulling out 7 vessels around Scarborough Shoal (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- PHILIPPINES: Hung Out To Dry (strategypage.com)
- China’s Growing Fishing Industry And Regional Maritime Security – Analysis (eurasiareview.com)
- China to keep ships around Scarborough Shoal for ‘law enforcement’ (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Chinese poachers raid waters in Palawan municipality (leytesamardaily.net)