The Honours’ List is beginning to age badly. Time to retire it.
Felicity takes a good old look at this years New Year’s Honours and the predictions listed for 2013 Contrastingly Felicity also examines the Queens Birthday Honours and the type of people considered for these honours, suggestions, and submissions.
Then Felicity puts light on the results of the 2012 Olympics, the Team GB in the London Olympics, Olympic medallions, book deals and now knighthoods?
Felicity does many things to construct her case for example you will find out about “Sir Wiggo” in France and how he tapped into the system through friends in pretty high places.
From all this I am sure you will be a lot wiser about the subject than before you started reading it.
Find out three important reasons why Cherie Blair was given a CBE for her charity work.
- Arise Sir Bradley: Wiggins receives knighthood in New Year Honours (standard.co.uk)
- Mo-ment of madness: Fury over Farah’s New Year Honours snub while bank watchdog is knighted (mirror.co.uk)
- Bradley Wiggins knighted, but just a CBE for Mo Farah (thesun.co.uk)
- MP Margaret Beckett becomes Dame (bbc.co.uk)
- New Year Honours: Cherie Blair recognised for services to women (independent.co.uk)
- New Year Honours List 2013: Cherie Blair gets a CBE (telegraph.co.uk)
- Illustrator Quentin Blake receives knighthood in New Year Honours list (metro.co.uk)
This entry is a satirical rant of life in the UK which makes a jolly good query of the Queens medals and offered knighthoods. The case is constructed from recent examples for example Bernard Hogan-Howe, Cherie Blair, Jimmy Savile, London, Order of the British Empire, Queens Birthday Honours, Royal Academy and Ursula Brennan. Go over to Stirring Trouble Internationally to find out more.