- When is the last time you heard a decent stand-up comedian?
- What about a comedy series on television can you remember the name of the series?
If this is you then I am sure you will agree most of them use really cheap and bad jokes to get a laugh, but you still laugh in fact you may even expect the same thing every week because you like to laugh, you may even find it very therapeutic. You might have to consider this however because laughter is as you will find the best medicine.
Read these examples of how laughter can cause bother for people
- Laughter can cause a sore stomach or a split spleen
- Laughing when there is no reason to laugh actually makes you look silly
- Laughter is a medicine which is easily overused and we the public are becoming more tolerant everyday
- How about this old cliché ‘When you are laughing you are learning’ how do you feel about that one?
Ever since early years of comedy there has been observational comedy the study of comedy, over the years the effects have decreased, the comedians have a lot older and a lot uglier and well quite frankly we at Stirring Trouble Internationally think the comedians could put more thought behind their sets, after-all it quickly gets again and again on television.
He in the UK we have to watch the same American TV and our sense of humour is being effected, this type of low budget comedy is completely out of the cultural context here in the UK, how you feel about these shows in your country.
Do you find yourself getting home from a busy day only to find a load of American rubbish on the television. We would like to know, think of this as representation. This quantitative data will give to the making of more comical rubbish. Except it may have more of a local feel about it. Quiz shows are sold all around the world after proving themselves in front of UK audiences this is qualitative research that proves people will sit around and watch it from start to finish.
Some of the world’s top dictators want its people to lose their sense of humour, make things more difficult for people, slow them down in some way, numb the brain into thinking different things. These kind of shows act as if they are some clever pattern interruption, the gags are targeted at what makes you laugh this is what distinguishes between us and them. There is nothing worse than watching a comedian on stage fail to make people laugh. Oh people laugh alright its part of being the audience but how much of these laughs are actually justified?
We here in Britain are known for having a high tolerance to comedy this I think you will find is because we really have a great Sense Of Humour and you can spot this regardless of the accents and secret voices and silly faces that these comedians pull. What ever happened to a good old story.
Politicians make great comedians because they are really good at telling tall stories, everyday someone somewhere is telling a joke not all of you will know its a joke until it never happens. Yes politicians are the butt of the jokes and the creators of the jokes, in a sense they are trying to solve the problems of today and expect you to laugh at the jokes. They coerce you into laughing just like they would do in a television studio.
Laughter is made by the waving of cue cards and the thought behind the jokes is a mirror effect of what you are thinking, this is the first rule of thumb in psychology and euro linguistics. More and more people are educating themselves in the art of comedy and storytelling these are the new rock stars unfortunately another cliché is that they are never as good as they used to be. It’s rare you ever find a comedian more funnier than the jokes politicians pull on people.
- What a laugh. What, a laugh? (robynmcintyre.wordpress.com)
- Tail Wagging the Dog (thecustodyrecord.wordpress.com)
- Stand up, pick up the laughs (thehindu.com)
- Learning to be Funny (psychologytoday.com)
- You Must Be Joking! (missrmjones.com)
- French sense of humour? (heartandahalf.wordpress.com)
- Thank you for a great 2012 (lostvoiceguy.com)
- Sexy silly INSANE new Japanese Superhero film: Hentai Kamen (fabgenius.com)
- Killing them softly (thehindu.com)
- Infinite patience and a good sense of humour (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)