News in from around the world by C.J. Tovey in Pretoria in it he discusses Oscar Pistorius which is one of the main stories in newspapers.
But he has steel legs and the girl he shot, Reeva Steenkamp, was 29 and blonde and beautiful. Ring any bells? OJ Simpson?
The athlete is question has been nicknamed Blade Runner even before this event happened, Bladerunner is a popular film which many people will go out and watch becuase of all this who knows they may even release a remake in the near future.
CJ makes some interesting points about the courtroom, and some things you should look out for when watching the courtcase live on television and the news.
The benches are filled with whites. This is serious Central Casting stuff.
Even the BBC trash-news and on-line reporting on will he or won’t he get bail.
So what’s going on in every major newsroom across five continents? Part of the answer is a two-fold scary about society in 2013. Seem to remember Swifty Lazar (Irving Paul Lazar), the agent for scores of literary and entertainment luminaries, who was variously described as a brilliant wheeler-dealer.
In 18th century France Lance Armstrong cycled through the country and won some races to and he has admitted to doing all this full of various enhancement drugs, some of these made him angry and short tempered.
Here are bullet points why Pistorius case is unique
- Pistorius is an athlete and that makes this case different and so interesting.
- Pistorius was actually very short without his legs he would sit in a wheel chair.
- Pistorius against all odds managed to do something no one in his situation had ever done before.
- But Pistorius had special blades to help him run really fast, lots of athletes use these now.
Pistorius at the London Olympics in 2012 did well but Society will remember him more for this cruel act that unfolded in his bedroom with Reeva Steenkamp hiding in a cupboard like Anne Frank did in world war II.
Anne Frank survived and her memoires became very popular he lived in a big house home she lived in a smaller apartment that had a big attic.
The winners are rewarded and the pressure of being a national celebrity will all add to help him argue innocence, even though he has already admitted doing the shooting and has a history of reported violence against women.
The Olympics, forget Pistorius white South African gossip sheets to know the name Reeva Steenkamp around the world it would seem the drama of a courtroom celebrity trial is definitely something the public want to see hence this is a movie in the making.
Source Stirring Trouble Internationally ‘…The Pistorius Trial Is A Movie In The Making. And It Has All The Makings Of A Sad Freak Show…’
- Oscar Pistorius ‘was told to back off from Reeva Steenkamp’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- You: Homicide charge for Pistorius’ brother (edition.cnn.com)
- Why South Africa’s top murder expert will not be involved in Oscar Pistorius case: she is his aunt (independent.co.uk)
- Pistorius’ brother facing charge in traffic death (news.yahoo.com)
- Oscar Pistorius granted bail in murder case (cbsnews.com)
- Oscar Pistorius’s Brother Carl Faces Homicide Charges (theblend.ie)
- Now Blade Runner’s brother Carl faces charge of manslaughter as police say … – Daily Mail (dailymail.co.uk)
- ‘If it didn’t happen the way Oscar said it did, he must suffer’ – Telegraph.co.uk (telegraph.co.uk)
- UK News: Pistorius brother on death charge (walesonline.co.uk)