Anger of Stephen Lawrence’s brother as Met rejects claim he was targeted, Stephen Lawrence’s mum has lost trust in the police over some smear campaign and the QC Michael Mansfield thinks the people s commission have some questions to answer. Others think the GMP faces fresh Stephen Lawrence allegations and as already mentioned Stephen Lawrence’s mum Doreen was to meet Met Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe.
The Guardian and Channel 4 came up with an exclusive story about the police ‘digging up dirt’ on the Lawrences and a friend of the late Stephen 20 years ago. It’s the Soviet Union all over again. Could it be that MPs are getting back at the police for investigating some of their comrades who have been caught fiddling their expenses and ended up in prison?
The family of Stephen Lawrence Doreen Lawrence has met Home Secretary Theresa May and demanded that a public inquiry into the allegations that police secretly gathered information about her family is held.
The Lawrence’s have asked for them to investigate the Special Demonstration Squad from 30 years of archives.
Look, the death of Stephen was a tragedy but the whole police force should not have such a thing dragged out for so long. Stirring Trouble Internationally asks the question – Why does David Cameron not put the Stephen Lawrence family in charge of Scotland Yard?
- We need open inquiry into smear claims, says mother of Stephen Lawrence (standard.co.uk)
- Police ‘spied on Stephen Lawrence family in smear campaign’ (metro.co.uk)
- Stephen Lawrence mother says police will have to win back trust (thetimes.co.uk)
- Doreen Lawrence to meet Met boss over smear claims (scotsman.com)
- Lawrence family to meet Theresa May (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Doreen Lawrence: meeting with Theresa May was promising (realnewsnow.com)